The Public Relations Unit
The Public Relations (PR) Unit of the Ministry of Labour and Social Security (MLSS) assists in managing the Ministry’s communications policies and programmes by informing and educating internal and external publics, as well as establishing and maintaining a consistent and positive image for the Ministry.
The strategic objectives of the Public Relations Unit are to:
- Develop and implement efficient (and cost-effective) public relations programmes and activities for the Ministry and its agencies.
- Develop and provide internal and external communication and information support to the Ministry and its agencies in an integrated and cost-effective manner.
- Disseminate information to the public that impacts on the positive perception of the performance and effectiveness of the Ministry and its agencies.
- Develop communication strategies in times of crisis.
- Develop and coordinate activities within the Unit towards achieving the above stated objectives.
Members of the public can contact the Public Relations Unit at Tel: 967-5484 (direct) or 948-2831 (fax) or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The purpose of the Resource Centre is to provide quick access to downloadable versions of forms, fee schedules, brochures, etc. used to conduct business with the Ministry of Labour and Social Security. To access this facility, click here. Other queries can be sent to email@example.com.
Access To Information
The Access To Information (ATI) Act gives the public legal right to see official documents held by Government Bodies. You may also ask for personal information to be changed if it is incomplete, misleading, out of date, or incorrect.
There are however, documents which are exempted from disclosure under the Act. These are documents which it is believed should not be disclosed in order to protect essential public interests or the private/business affairs of others.
Some exempt documents are however subject to public interest tests. Release of exempt documents may also be achieved through an Order of the Minister responsible for information of after the expiration of 20 years after their creation, or such shorter or longer period as the Minister may specify by Order.
Please click on link below to visit the ATI web site.
Website LINK: http://www.mlss.gov.jm/ATINew/